Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Post #17: Yaz(oo), Colin Farrell, and A Hostage Negotiator Named James

I made my weekly trip to the library today. I had new Colin Farrell movie:  Dead Man Down and The Best of Yaz waiting on the 'holds' shelf and I was pretty sure my day couldn't get much better. Colin Farrell and 80's music are two of my most favorite things.
While I was looking for a book on Emergency Medical Services, I came across Bullets, Bombs, and Fast Talk: Twenty-Five Years of FBI War Stories. Score!
I have a secret (okay, maybe not too secret) love for anything law enforcement and emergency-situation related. I think it's really fascinating. This book is by James Botting and tells of his various experiences as a SWAT agent and a hostage negotiator. I'm really excited to read something by choice. I didn't find any EMS books, though, and that was a little disappointing.
As I type this, I have "Situation" blasting quietly on my CD player. I also have a not-so-secret love for 80's music. Seriously. My goal in life, along with being a princess and being in a movie in which I get to be Matt Damon's kid, is to go back in time and marry Simon Le Bon circa 1982 when he was young and blond and beautiful. Simon Le Bon is the lead singer of Duran Duran, another one of my most favorite things in the world. Although, honestly, I'd settle for any of the Duran Duran boys circa 1982.

Don't worry if you're confused, we all tend to be sometimes. - "Serious"

D

No comments:

Post a Comment