Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Post #10: Knitting and Little Sisters

Knitting is fun, and it's a really productive hobby. You can knit pretty much anything. Heck, you can knit underwear, but it's not recommended. But things like socks, hats, scarves, mittens, and some more hats are always nice to knit, and are relatively easy. I am currently making a One Direction hat for my little sister and I am working on a couple commissioned pieces for some friends. I like to knit while I watch TV or movies, because I hate just sitting and and staring at the screen. I feel a little more productive if I am clicking away at a project. And I get a hat. You can never have too many hats. I have six, and I'm working on another one.
The LilSis and I are watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's pretty cool to finally find something we both like. We can hear each other yelling at the TV screen in the separate rooms, telling the characters to make better choices, and then she comes in my room and quotes the last scene. She likes to look at whatever I'm working on knitting-wise and see how far I made it in the project during the last bit of show.
Having something in common is pretty awesome. I love my sister unconditionally, but it's hard to find things we both like when our tastes are so different. She likes One Direction, and I like Irish Punk music, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. But, we can bond over S.H.I.E.L.D. and that's pretty awesome.

I hope you have a good day and find money in your pocket.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment