Thursday, September 12, 2013

Post #4: MIIIIILLLLOOOOOOOO!!!

I had not pictured Nately as a singing moose. Don't get me wrong, I like Art Garfunkel. But he's not how I pictured Nately. 
I just finished the 1970 movie version of Catch-22. I really enjoyed it. But, like all movies based on books, Catch-22 the novel was much better. The movie followed the book in some areas, but not in others. 
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE WITH NO SPOILERS, GO READ ANOTHER BLOG
Okay. 
Hungry Joe gets cut in half by McWatt, not Kid Sampson. McWatt still crashes into the mountain. That was a little annoying. Nately dies during Milo's raid on the base. That was very annoying.  My favorite scene was completely left out. There were no naked officers holding Nately's Whore hostage. 
SCHIESSKOPF WASN'T EVEN IN THE MOVIE! 
That made me mad. I yelled at my screen and my mom had to come check on me. 
"Are you okay?" she asked. 
"NO! They left Shithead out of the movie! I wanted to watch him do parades!" I said.
She 'hmmm'-ed at me and went back to whatever she was doing. 
The Snowden flashbacks were really well done. Guts and all. Jon Voight was awesome as Milo Minderbinder. Billy Crystal makes an appearance as Mjr. Major Major. Norman Bates plays Chaplain Tappman. 
I think in terms of WWII movies, my favorite is still Memphis Belle. Harry Connick Jr. sings, Samwise shoots at Nazis, and Reverend Shaw does not dance on screen, but does have lots of pictures taken of the Memphis Bell crew for Life magazine. No one dies, but it still leaves me in a mess of ugly crying every time I watch it. 

10-24

D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment