Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Post #35: Shrinky-Dinks

 A few weeks ago, I found a pack of blank Shrinky-Dink paper. Super magical Shrinky-Dinks. So, I've been experimenting with sharpies and colored pencils and gel pens, and I've made buttons and some jewelry thus far. I am really proud of the set I made that says 'Scribo', which is Latin for 'Write'. Shrinky-Dinks are magic. You color them, and then you stick them in the oven and they get curled and wonky, and then they flatten out, making fabulous tiny pieces of art. It's a great analogy for life. Add pressure or heat, and things will get wonky and curled, but when all is said and done, nothing was as big as it seemed, and everything straightened out. It's magic.
I finished another knitted hat, but it turned out looking like a WWI Army helmet. If you know anyone putting on a production of War Horse, let me know. I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next. I've sort of got a sweater going, but it's more of a weekend project than a TV Tuesday project. I think I might make another hat. I've got the materials to make a trapper hat... Or maybe I'll make some socks. Decisions, decisions. I still need to work on valentines and a birthday gift for the LilSis. So many crafty things, so little time. When it warms up, I think I'm going to make a PVC pipe bow and some arrows. For now, I guess I'll work on some more Shrinky-Dink jewelry. 
"Give me a sledgehammer and give me strength, watch the world come crumbling down." - Fitz & The Tantrums
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment