Monday, January 6, 2014

Post #31: Last Week On The Homefront

Last week on the homefront was an eventful one. I filmed my short film, I started writing a pattern for a cowl similar to the one Katniss wears in Catching Fire, and of course, the coming of 2014. And FAFSA.
I am excited for the new year. 2013 was a suckfest. I am trying very hard to be optimistic for 2014. I want so much out of this year, including new opportunities in college, graduation (yay!), and I am looking forward to love. And not just a beau, although I would be down with that, and maybe a first kiss, but just more love in general. Doing more things that I love, being around people that I love, and being open to love. I know I sound like those corny jewelry commercial with the 'open heart' pendants, but I know that I have to be open to the possibilities that the universe is putting before me. And also that first kiss. That's on my list. Right after graduation, grades, and college. I know how to keep my priorities straight. 
My shoot for my short film was a lot of fun. I wrote, directed and co-starred in it, and I got to play Mark Wahlberg, sort of. I love Mark Wahlberg. I based my impression off of a combo of his post- "Mark Wahlberg Talks To Animals" SNL appearance and his role as Staff Sergeant Dignam in The Departed.
FAFSA was not as bad as Mr. Burge made it sound. It only took about 45 minutes.
I hope to have the cowl done before break is over. I want to wear it to school.
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment