Sunday, May 4, 2014

Post #50: The AP Test Cometh

Cue The A-Team theme please. Roll the montage of me sharpening #2 pencils, testing ballpoint pens, circling multiple choice answers, doing push-ups while reading a textbook, and reading poems, while looking directly into the camera or flipping my hair.
That's right, ladies and gentlemen. It's time to take the AP Literature test. I AM READY! (this is the part where I strike a macho pose and do some sort of a battle cry.)
But seriously, I am ready. I got a 5 on the practice test, and I think I have a decent shot at another on the real test.
To prep us for the test, Mr. Burge had us do cheat sheets of all the books we read this year, and so I went back and dug out my annotated Catch-22. It was fun to revisit my notes. Whilst searching for where I wrote down what kind of planes were being flown by Yossarian &co. (B-17 Flying Fortresses, for the record.), I found one of my annotations that pretty much sums up about 80% of the book: GODDAMNIT MILO! written all in caps, on page 446, as Snowden lies on the floor of the plane and Yossarian looks for some morphine only to find a note that says: "What's good for M&M Enterprises is good for the country. Milo Minderbinder".
Frankenstein and Hamlet were a lot less fun to go through. Frankie was okay, and it's always fun to read about Old Ham back from the grave, but Catch-22 is my favorite.
"There's more to life than books you know, but not much more." - The Smiths
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment