Thursday, May 29, 2014

Post #53: Ghost Stories, Summer Television, and Being Tuff

Coldplay's new album Ghost Sories came out a few weeks ago, and it got some seriously mixed reviews. Nonetheless, I went out and bought the Target Deluxe Edition. I really like it. I love "Magic", and "Ink" is a good song too. I think that the album leans towards the earlier, more melancholy albums rather than Mylo Xyloto's synth-driven cheeriness. Not that their other albums didn't feature synthesizers. Coldplay was one of the first bands that I really got into of my own accord. It wasn't something that I grew to love because my mom played it. It was something that I though was cool and introduced everyone else to. Coldplay holds a special place in my heart because they were the first band that I found of my own accord.
So most of my shows have ended, but that's okay, because the summer tv season has started. In addition to Endeavor, which starts June 29, Graceland starts on the 11. And I am hooked on Night Shift, mostly because I don't know what goes on in an ER, so I won't sit and pick apart what the characters do, and also the main guy is smokin' hot. I'm also sucked into Gang Related. It's like Chicago PD and The Departed had a baby. And it's got Rabbit from Trauma
My mom found The Fabulous Thunderbirds' album Tuff Enuff at the thrift store, and it's constantly being played at my house. It's a great album with some fun songs. I love "Tuff Enuff", "Wrap It Up", and "Why Get Up?". 
"Nothin' I'd do for you that's too tough for me." - The Fabulous Thunderbirds
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment