Saturday, March 29, 2014

Post #44: Winner Winner Double Gold Dinner!

So, this year at the SkillsUSA state conference, I won first place in both CPR-First Aid AND Prepared Speech. Two gold medals! I am going to Nationals in Kansas City in June. I had such a great time at the conference. I saw some old friends, made some new ones, and got to compete in the things that I love. My school did really well, and we swept for CPR-First Aid. According to the judge, I got a perfect score in Adult CPR, which I am really proud of. I was a little surprised about both of the medals, because I didn't think I did that well. But apparently I did, and I am really excited and proud. I have worked hard for this competition and it really paid off. I was really nervous about prepared speech, and I was really, really over prepared for CPR. I had packed a StatPack full of bandages, goggles, splints and other stuff, but I only used the breathing mask and one-way valve. There was an interview portion, and I was asked what SAMPLE, DOTS, and CPR stood for. The only part I really thought I messed up on was Infant CPR. I second guessed myself after the fact, but when I checked my notes, it turned out that I had it right.
I'm really glad to be home again, and to sleep in my own bed.
"Well I might take a plane, I may take a train, if I have to walk I'm going just the same, I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come." - Fats Domino
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment