Sunday, March 23, 2014

Post #43: Magic Box From The Amazons

So, I have rarely had pleasant experiences with ordering things from Amazon. My items either come three weeks late or they show up damaged. But of course, they had the cheapest prices on AP Spanish practice books, so lo and behold, I placed an order. I also ordered Cease To Begin, a Band Of Horses album, and Before Sleep Comes, a Luka Bloom album. They came on Friday, in the wacky folded box. I was really excited about the CDs, and in my excitement, I accidentally punched myself in the stomach trying to open the box. I have never been punched (hard, at least. I accidentally got lightly punched in the face at a dance one time). It really put a damper on my mail party. I love getting mail. I have been known on occasion to sing the mail song from Blues Clues when the mail comes.
I spent a good two minutes doubled over still clutching the box while my sister laughed at me. When I had finally gotten over the fact that I had just punched myself trying to open a box, I took my CDs and AP Book to my room and immediately put on Cease To Begin. Now I just need Mirage Rock and I'l have all of their albums. I really love that instead of booklets, there are snapshots in the sleeve thing. My favorite song off the album is "No One's Gonna Love You". The next four words are "more than I do", so It's not as sad as the title implies.  I really like the whole album, but that song is my favorite. On Before Sleep Comes, my favorite song is "Be Still Now". The whole album is really nice and quiet, and along with Nick Drake's Pink Moon, it makes a nice pre-bedtime playlist.
The AP Spanish book was not awesome and I do not have anything nice to say about it. It is large and full of things I do not understand, even as a 12-year Spanish student.
"I want to contribute to the chaos, I don't want to watch and then complain" - Twin Size Mattress
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment