Sunday, December 15, 2013

Post #29: A Thankful Heart

I am thankful for many things, including, but not limited to, my family and friends (duh), comic books, mechanical pencils, pizza, lined paper, libraries, and this blog assignment.
Yes, you read that correctly. I am thankful for this blog project.
I am thankful because it requires me to write at least twice a week. Even if I don't manage to do as much personal writing as I would like, I know that I have a guaranteed requirement to write something each week. And, I have to publish it. People actually read this. And by people I mean Mr. Burge and WDJ. And sometimes NatPark. But it's still out there. I still have to write.
And, what's really great, is I can pretty much write whatever I want. One of my posts has to relate to English, and that's fine. English is my favorite class. Mr. Burge is a big reason why I stayed on at my school. And it's really fun to write about my love/hate relationship with literary canon.
But I really enjoy the personal posts.
The personal posts are a challenge for me because at least half of the time I put into those posts is spent trying to come up with a good topic. At first I tried to write things that sounded extremely sophisticated and would appeal to all sorts of readers. But as I've become more comfortable with my writing, I am writing what makes me happy. If it means I write an entire post about my love for a depressed 80's band, so be it. If you don't want to read about that love, find another blog. It's a good feeling to not care about what you write, so long as you write what makes you happy.
I'm also thankful for Johnny Cash.
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment