Monday, September 28, 2015

Post #78: It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's Fall TV Time, my  most favoritest time of the year. Mild Spoilers ahead.
OH MAN I LOVE TELEVSION SO MUCH.
Gotham came back Monday, and it was awesome. I'm not too keen on the season titles thing ('Rise of the Villains') but otherwise everything was awesome. Everybody bes crazy!!!! And also I love Ben McKenzie. I'm glad Bruce found a proto-Batcave.
Gotham was followed by newcomer Minority Report, based off the movie of the same name. It was pretty entertaining. Futuristic, woo *wiggles fingers furturistically*.  It has a good premise, and I am curious to see where it goes.
Tuesday saw the premiere of The Muppets. It was not funny and I will not continue to watch. It also conflicts with The Flash, which returns next month.
Wednesday was The Goldbergs, which is on a precarious ledge. Adam is no longer cute and small, which puts the show at a place that could either work out just fine or topple the show over the cliff of non-entertaining bad television.
Wednesday was also the premiere of the (dear god) seventeenth season of Law & Order: SVU. It was essentially part four of last season's crossover episode with the Chicagos. The show's only saving grace is Peter Scanavino as Carisi. He's cuter than the whole cast combined, and he's a pretty decent character on an overall terrible show. Entertaining, yes, but terrible.
Thursday night saw the premiere of Heroes Reborn, which was a little convoluted, but I think that might have had something to do with the two hour premiere. The Player followed Heroes and was enormously entertaining. The premise is probably not one you should do too much hard thinking about, but if you take the show for the shiny action packed hour that it is, it's a great escape!
There is nothing good on Friday nights. And even if there was, I would have missed it because I got to see Duran Duran!!!!!!!!!! There are not enough exclamtion points to describe how awesome it was or illustrate my excitement. Their new album is not half bad.
Sunday was the premiere of Indian Summers on Masterpiece. It was a really interesting premiere, and I think the series as a whole has a lot of potential. Indian Summers was followed by the season finale of Vicious. It was absolutely hilarious until the very end and then it was just really heartbreaking.
I am so glad TV is back.
"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." -  Julia Child
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment