Monday, October 26, 2015

Post #79: Chicago Fire, Minimalism, and Lethal Weapon

OH MY GOSH CHICAGO FIRE STARTED AND THE NEW CANDIDATE IS STEVE MCQUEEN'S GRANDSON AND EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL. In case you weren't aware, I love Chicago Fire. The new season is bringing the heat (sorry) in both people's personal lives and their work lives! It's so dumb it's awesome.
I also managed to watch all four Lethal Weapon movies, and they were all great. And I think Mel Gibson is the worst. But the Lethal Weapon movies were awesome. I thought they were going to get progressively worse, but they didn't. The only one that wasn't quite as good was the fourth. But it was still entertaining.
So I've been going through stuff and whatnot, and in an attempt to get myself together, I've been looking at pinterest for inspiration. Pinterest was not helpful at all. Organizing seems to mean the same thing as minimalism to the people on pinterest, and minimalism makes me want to die.
DISCLAIMER: If you're into minimalism, that's cool! I'm not. But If it works for you, that's great for you.
I understand it's important to keep your stuff under control. That's why I was on pinterest looking for organization tips in the first place. But minimalism just doesn't work for me. I really like my stuff. I like my books and action figures and my stuff. The blankness of minimalism makes me so uncomfortable. You could be using all that blank space to hang posters and store stuff! That's the best part of my stuff, is that it tells you who I am! Minimalism tells me nothing about you. So if you're a supersecret agent who's never home, I guess that would work.  But I'm not! I'm loud and I love a lot of things and I live in what my sister calls a "fluffy marshmallow disney world of color". I like being surrounded by things that I love. If it doesn't match and my room has no apparent theme, that's fine. Because I know it has a theme. It's the "D Really Likes Things and These Things Make Her Happy" theme. Themes are for birthday parties and TV shows. 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

-D. 



No comments:

Post a Comment