Sunday, May 24, 2015

Post #73: The Good Word

If you know me, or you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you probably know I love The O.C. Like really, really love. It's my favorite. Today while I was out walking, we ended up at a garage sale, and there they were. All four seasons of The O.C. I had the first three seasons, but my season one wasn't in super great condition (I bought them second hand) and I didn't have season four. So I bought those two, and the guy gave me a hard time about breaking up the set, and then they tried to remember the name of Seth's girlfriend, they had Ryan's (Marissa) so I said "Summer!" the guys were impressed, and even moreso when I said that Seth named his boat after her. Did I mention I really love this show? So we headed on our way, and I was thinking about it, and I figured I could pass on my copies of the first three seasons, or sell them as a set, and for $1, I'd go back and pick up seasons two and three. So I walked back and the one guy said "Ah, she's back" and laughed and gave some spiel about giving them to my friend and I said "I'll get her sucked in too!" and the other guy said "Yes, share the good word! Spread the gospel of The O.C." It was by far the most glorious thing anyone has ever said to me. I also got Footloose, so I'm excited about that. I want my life to be more like an 80's movie. I want Kevin Bacon to yell "Let's dance!" as glitter rains from the sky. I think that would be cool.
On a more serious note, Memorial Day is Monday, and I would like to take a moment to thank all of our veterans and those currently serving, as well as their families. I also reccomend reading this blog post: https://wdavisonjr.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/remembering-a-friend-on-memorial-day/
"On the stereo, listen as we go, nothing's gonna stop me now." - Phantom Planet ("California" is the theme song for The O.C.)
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment