Friday, September 5, 2014

Post #63: Birthdays, TV, and Radio

This past Tuesday was The Cupboard Under The Stairs' first birthday! I'm going to get mushy here, so heads up.
I am really excited that I made it to the one year mark! I'm not going to lie, sometimes this project was a bit of a chore, and sometimes it still is. It's a lot harder when you don't have a set prompt each week. But in some ways, it's easier. 
I really love this blog, and I enjoy sharing my thoughts with you, dear reader. 
Today was awesome. We're finally getting into the interesting stuff in Criminal Justice, I found some Tiffany blue Sperry's at Savers for $5, I got to wear the birthday crown at buffalo wild wings and eat wings with my Mom, and I did really well on today's math quiz. But the best part of my day was getting hired on the spot for Wolf Pack Radio. I filled out the application Thursday night, and there was an audio component that was required, and they said if I was feeling ambitious, I could drop off a mixtape/compdisc, so that's what I did. I did a "get to know me" pilot episode with songs that meant something to me, or had a connection to me. I went by this morning, and I walked in and introduced myself and Mr. Station Management said "that's so funny, I just finished putting you in the Wednesday slot you requested!" I'm not going to lie, I was more than a little surprised, I mean, they hadn't even heard my CD or talked to me! But I accepted and tried really hard not to jump up and down and wave my arms like a broken octopus.  So I dropped off my CD, got a tour of the station, and left feeling pretty great. I am one step closer to fulfilling one of my life goals of becoming Ira Glass. I am so excited!
It's September, which means new TV seasons! Yay! In addition to my regular shows, There is a new Ken Burns special on PBS. It's about The Roosevelt's. I can't wait. And I'm looking forward to Gotham on fox. It's got Ryan from The O.C., and it's all pre-Batman, so I think that'll be interesting. And of course, Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. are coming back, along with The Goldberg's. Yay!
"Do you remember lyin' there, with the covers pulled up over your head, radio playin' so no one can see?" - The Ramones
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment