Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Post #38: Patron Saint of Beekeepers

Part of me really wants to hate Valentines day. I want to wear all black and be angry and hate it. Love sucks and cupid is stupid and boys are butt-heads! It's a big Hallmark holiday and everything is terrible!
But then I realize that I'm being a bit of a jerk, and Valentines is actually a lot of fun. I bought Superman, Avengers, Frozen and Thor valentines, and my family and I always exchange valentines and eat dinner. My grandma makes heart-shaped cinnamon raisin bread and the LilSis manages to put a bajillion valentines in everyone's mailbox. Also, the valentines come with stickers that I never give out. I hoard them and use them for my own ends. I'm going to bake stuff and share it with my best friend and the Lilsis, and I have almost finished this years secret crafty valentine. Last year I made knitted hearts for everyone. they turned out adorable. I can't wait to do my hair and wear red lipstick and maybe a skirt and wallow in the fun that is Valentines day.At school, invariably, someone will show too much affection and a teacher will get annoyed, and invariably, someone ends up crying. There's a lot of emotions on valentines day. There are also delicious candy hearts. I love candy hearts. And when they go on clearance, you can buy them and throw them into the street, and pretty soon you will have a beautiful abstract art piece in front of your house. It's super duper rad.
Also- Saint Valentine is not just the patron saint of love and marriages and greetings. He is also the Patron Saint of beekeepers, epilepsy, fainting, plague, and travelers.
"If it's not love, than it's the bomb that will bring us together."- The Smiths
XOXO
-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment